For the past three months I’ve been working on a thirty-second animated preview for Xavian. My goal is to have the animation displayed alongside my other works at future galleries. This will be great to draw in new fans and potential employers who need an illustrator/animator. I’m very proud of the job that I’ve done even though this was my first every using Adobe Flash. I’m positive all of my fans will be blown away. The completed animation will be released later this week. Throughout this week I’ll be sharing screenshots of what I’ve been working on these past months.
I know I’ve been away for a while but this is a big announcement for Xavian. You all have been waited so patiently this summer. Now, I will move onto our biggest project so far. I will be coloring the pages for the graphic novel of Xavian. That’s right, you all will get a chance to see me color the first chapter. The pages are now inked and ready to go. This series will be streamed online starting this Monday. Stay tuned for more information.
Here is the 8th poster in the series. It’s called Hathor and the Fox. If you’ve followed the blog from the beginning you’ll notice that I’ve changed Hathor’s design around.
I first modeled her after the Egyptian God Hathor. However I did some research into Korean folktale and decided to change Hathor into a bear instead of a cow. I never really like the cow look on Hathor. It just didn’t look intimidating but a bear is every bit intimidating. Let me know what you think of the drawing.
Last night I decided to sketch Xavian. I was pretty upset with another poster I was working on. I decided to take a break on it and did a really cool sketch of Xavian. Let me know what you think!
In the coming days I will be uploading a more detailed step-by-step process of re-creating Marvis in Adobe Illustrator. Today, I will be showing you a comparison of what the process looked like before and after I inked Marvis digitally. I took the original drawing and scanned it into Adobe Illustrator. I scanned the picture at 600 DPI for the utmost clarity. The hardest part of this picture was inking in the mane on Marvis. The original drawing was very clear but when I scanned it into Illustrator some of the lines were lost. This comes from my HF and F pencils that I use to draw with due to it drawing lighter lines. It is a good trade-off, because I draw very hard on paper and erase a lot. With the lighter pencils I can easily go back over my mistakes with ease.
Back by popular demand. Here is another 2013 drawing that I recently updated. The original drawing was my first attempt at drawing a more realistic looking lion than Xavian. Unfortunately, I could not draw a lion’s face or mane and I got frustrated. I opted out of drawing the mane and drew braids instead to cover up my weakness. After studying many lions I know understand the facial structure and mane that I am comfortable at drawing a realistic lion. I present to you マービス. Translation: Marvis
Tomorrow I will be you showing you the inked version of Marvis that was created on Adobe Illustrator.
I am going to show you all a sketch I drew of Nesia back in November of 2014. Very soon I will recreate it on Adobe Illustrator with color. Stay tuned.